"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the convictions of things not seen."
6:00 – 8:00 PM
Faith Conversations at St. Columba
Opportunities for Missions & Ministry
- Choir & Band – Sunday Services, Band practice on Wednesday, Choir practice on Thursday. Contact Bonnie Cucchi 305.731.4673
- Episcopal Church Women – Second Wednesday of the month, 12.00 pm
- Men’s Breakfast Group – First & Third Tuesday of the month. Contact Chuck Gilbert via email
- Sunday Kid’s Club – Sundays at 9.00 am. Using Legos to build a relationship with God. Includes breakfast, Sunday School, and more.
- Hammock House Free After School & Camp – Offers free after school care, nutrition, and homework help to elementary and middle school students. Contact Cathy Walters 305.743.6412
- Eucharistic Lay Ministers & Lectors – Help with Sunday Services
- Office angels – Help with folding and stuffing bulletins in the Church Office. Thursdays at 10:15 am. Contact the office 305.743.6412
- Independence Cay – Provides temporary housing and services to men of the Middle Keys. St. Columba provides lunch each Sunday at noon. Sign up in Parish Hall or contact the Office at 305.743.6412
- Coffee Hour – Following the 9:00 or 11:00 am services. Help prepare snacks, coffee, or lunch. Sign up in Parish Hall or contact the Office at 305.743.6412
- KAIR – Key Area Interdenominational Resources. Helps families in the Keys who find themselves in crisis. For questions contact Phyllis or Marj at 305.743.4582
- Hammock House Thrift Store & Furniture Store – These thrift stores support The Hammock House and St. Columba Ministries. Contact the Office at 305.743.6412
- Florida Keys Celtic Festival – Celebrating our Celtic Heritage here in the Keys
Independent Spiritual Practices
The 50 Day Bible Challenge: The Way of Live – The Way of Love is the way of Jesus. With seven core spiritual practices, the Way of Love offers and intentional, Spirit-led path to following Jesus. And what better guidebook for the journey than the Bible? The Way of Love Bible Challenge pairs each practice with a passage of scripture as well as reflections, questions, and prayers written by a variety of faith leaders. Come and see what God has to say about the spiritual practices of Turn Learn Pray Worships Bless Go Rest. Informed by scripture and inspired through prayer, these practices offer the opportunity to transform our relationship with ourselves, with our family and communities, and with our Savior. Featuring fifty days of reflections, The Way of Love Bible Challenge is an extension of The Bible Challenge, a global initiative to encourage daily engagement with scripture and an exploration of the Word of God.